THE TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Pretty Penny Loans Limited collects personal information from your online or phone application. We may also collect other personal information about you from outside sources such as credit reference agencies. Pretty Penny Loans may also collect information about your computer. This may include your IP address, operating system and browser type. We do this by using a small “cookie” file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies have the potential to help us improve and enhance your service experience at Pretty Penny Loans. If you do not want your computer to receive new cookies, you can ask your Browser not to accept them. This is possible under the “Help” section of most Browsers. If you choose to prevent “Cookies” being accepted, you may not be able to access some pages.
HOW WE USE & DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is used for a number of purposes by Pretty Penny Loans including: to process your loan, to better understand your financial needs, debt collection, statistical analysis, to assess lending risks, to carry out our business, in order to update your records with us, in order to service our relationship with you, to prevent money laundering and other criminal activities, to identify and prevent fraud, for market research purposes, to identify which of our products or our partners’ products might be of interest you, to conduct regulatory checks, and to provide you with new and improved Pretty Penny Loans products! By providing personal information to Pretty Penny Loans Limited you are consenting to sharing that information with our affiliates, credit referencing agencies, lenders, customer service providers, collection agencies (for the purpose of collecting any outstanding debts or making a default credit listing), and third party companies for the purpose of them telling you about their services or products and government or regulatory or judicial authorities in order to comply with the law and/or for the purpose of fraud prevention.
DISCLOSING YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your personal information to a third party if:
- we have a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with a legal request
- our business or a substantial amount of its assets are acquired by a third party (in which case personal information held about those who have registered with Pretty Penny Loans Limited, used this website or our services will be one of the transferred assets)
- we decide to buy any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller of any such business or assets)
- we decide to sell any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of any such business or assets)
- We may disclose such information to a collections agency for the purpose of collecting any outstanding debts or making a default credit listing
CONTACT FROM PRETTY PENNY LOANS LIMITED & THIRD PARTIES
You understand and agree by visiting our website that we may contact you from time to time at your email address, SMS, postal address, phone number, mobile number, fax, or by other electronic means to help manage your loan for marketing purposes, for market research or to discuss other products and services offered by Pretty Penny Loans Limited or other companies that we believe may interest you.
LIMITING USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Pretty Penny Loans Limited complies strictly with New Zealand’s Privacy Act 1993 which, in part, deals with the holding and use of personal information. In line with the Privacy Act, Pretty Penny Loans Limited ensures that you may opt-out of our use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESS TO PRODUCTS, FACILITIES AND/OR SERVICES
If you choose not to provide all the information requested on an application form, Pretty Penny Loans Limited may choose to restrict the products, facilities and/or services available to you.
USE OF EMAILS
You will receive emails from Pretty Penny Loans Limited if you submit a Pretty Penny Loans online loan application.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
HOW TO CONTACT PPL
Financial Hardship Policy
It is the responsibility of the General Manager to oversee this area.
This procedure aims to ensure that we meet our obligations under the hardship provisions in the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act.
A consumer may give us notice if they think that they will be unable to meet their obligations under the loan agreement. The hardship notice may be given orally or in writing.
FURTHER INFORMATION REQUIRED
We may require further information before making a decision whether to change the loan agreement. A request for further information can be given to the consumer within 21 days of receiving the hardship notice. We will only request information which will help us decide:
- Whether the consumer is or will be able to meet their obligations under the loan agreement; or
- How to change the loan agreement if the consumer is or will be unable to meet their obligations.
MAKING A DECISION TO CHANGE THE LOAN AGREEMENT
We may decide to change the loan agreement if we are satisfied that:
- There is a reasonable cause for the consumer’s inability to meet their obligations, such as:
- any other reason that PPL accepts as reasonable
- the consumer will be able to meet their obligations under the loan agreement if it was changed
We may decide to change the loan agreement in the following ways:
- extending the period of the loan agreement & reducing the amount of each payment
- postponing payments
- extending the period of the loan agreement & postponing a number of payments
- in another way which may suit the consumer
INFORMING THE CONSUMER OF OUR DECISION
We will make, and inform the consumer of, its decision within the following time frames:
|If:||The period is:|
|We do not require further information to make the decision||21 days after we receive the hardship notice|
|We require further information and the consumer does not provide it within 21 days||28 days after we request the information|
|We require further information and the consumer provides it||21 days after we receive the information|
If we decide to change the loan agreement we will give the consumer notice that we have agreed to change the contract.
If we decide not to change the loan agreement we will give the consumer a written notice stating that we have not agreed to change the contract and including the following information:
- the reasons why we have not agreed
- the name and contact details of the External Dispute Resolution Scheme that PPL is a member of
- the consumer’s rights under that scheme
NOTICE OF CHANGE
If we agree with the consumer to change the loan agreement as a result of a hardship notice we will provide the consumer notice of change. The notice of change will include particulars of the change in the terms of the credit contract and be provided in the same manner as the request for hardship relief.
EFFECT OF HARDSHIP NOTICE ON ENFORCEMENT PROCEEDINGS
We will not begin enforcement proceedings against the consumer if the consumer gives us a hardship notice and the consumer has not given us a similar hardship notice in the previous 4 months. If we have given the consumer notice that we have not agreed to change the loan agreement we will wait 14 days from the date of that notice before beginning enforcement proceedings.
Pretty Penny Loans products are only suitable for short-term needs. They are not suitable for long-term or regular borrowing.