As you are aware, we are all facing tough times ahead due to the potential impact of the Coronavirus. The virus itself is a health issue but the bigger impact will be the loss of jobs and the hard times that will follow.
As a result, many lenders may adjust credit assessment policies and as a result will be more reluctant to lend to those in need. This will happen as they see a bigger risk in terms of being repaid.
We offer a service whereby we focus on the emergency needs of clients that often cannot get credit elsewhere. Please be assured that Pretty Penny will stand by you, our clients, and do our very best to assist in the same manner as we always have.
What we ask of you now is that you maintain repayments and settle your account with us so that if a time comes when you are in need of assistance, we can be here for you. In fact, if possible, settle your account and put money aside for an emergency – that way you have two emergency options.
Remember, from a health perspective there’s no need to panic. There are many ways you can protect yourself by adopting just a few small habits such as:
1. Personal Hygiene
– Frequently wash your hands with soap or an alcoholic based solution. Ensure when you wash it’s for at least 20 seconds.
– Dry your hands well afterwards
– Avoid touching your face (mouth, nose and eyes).
– Avoid close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms such as a cough or runny nose.
2. Avoid Spreading the Sickness
– Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow when sneezing or coughing.
– Throw away used tissues.
– If you are sick or feel that you may be showing some early symptoms, ensure you promptly see a doctor and self-isolate to stop you spreading to someone else.
3. Be Prepared
– In the event that you can’t leave your home, have a good stockpile of food, medication and other essential goods readily available.
– Have money saved in cash at home if an emergency arises.
If you would like more information on the Coronavirus please visit the Department of Health’s website https://www.health.govt.nz/
For information on your account with us please log in to the Member Portal or reach out to our support team.