Tracking your transactions is a great way to monitor your spending. Using a good budgeting app will encourage you to change your financial habits for the better.
The best apps show how much you’re spending and alert you where you’re going over. While these apps automate a lot of work from the pen-and-paper method, they also help you be more pro-active in budgeting.
Expensify — receipts & expenses
Expensify helps you to easily track your receipts and manage expenses on the go. Take a photo of your receipt and Expensify automatically transcribes the details. Expensify categorises, codes each receipt, and automatically submits business expenses for approval and reimbursement.
- tracks and submit receipts and expenses
- next-day direct deposit reimbursement
- in-app purchase
- mileage and GPS tracking
- automatic credit card import
- works with receipts in any currency
- corporate card reconciliation
- candidate reimbursement
- per diem functionality
- accounting integrations (QuickBooks, Xero, NetSuite, Intacct, and more!)
Pocketbook: Easy Budget Planner
Pocketbook: Easy Budget Planner is a budget planner and money & expense manager — makes personal finance, expense tracking, and budget planning easy for you.
Pocketbook is the only popular personal finance app that gives you the option to synchronise with Australian banks.
List of supported Australian banks with auto-sync in Pocketbook:
ANZ, AMEX, Bank of Melbourne, Bank of Queensland, BankSA, Bankwest, Bendigo Bank, Beyond Bank, CitiBank, Coles Mastercard, Commonwealth Bank, CUA, HSBC, ING Direct, Macquarie Bank, ME Bank, National Australia Bank (NAB), St George, Suncorp, UBank, Westpac.
Note: There’s an option to also export your bank’s feed and upload it to Pocketbook in bulk for unlisted banks.
Pocketbook Money management features:
- track your household and regular spending.
- know exactly where and how you spend your money.
- no more missing bills and late fees. Get notified when they are coming up and if you have enough money to cover.
- organise your personal finance and plan future budgeting in one single financial app and organiser.
- alerts via push notifications through the app and exactly when you need them to stay in control of your income.
Splitwise — bill splitting app
Splitwise is the best way to share bills and IOUs and make sure that everyone gets paid back. Use Splitwise to:
- split household bills with roommates
- figure out costs for a group vacation
- remember when a friend spots you for lunch
You can view your balances on your smartphone or on the Splitwise website, track spending trends, set up email reminders for bills, and much more!
- Keep track of apartment bills, group trips, random IOUs, and more.
- Everyone can log in, see their balances, and add new expenses.
- Get push notifications with every update, or just when important bills are due.
Emergency loans in New Zealand
Is your budget insufficient? Are you out of cash this month and in need of emergency loans? Pretty Penny Loans is here to help!
PPL offers emergency loans, the simplest and fastest way to access funds. Get up to $1000 in your account today, with manageable repayment options designed to suit your needs.
Apply for a loan with PPL’s quick and easy online application process, which means the funds can get to you on the same day.